Saturday, May 26, 2007

And here we go again…stay tuned, as this will be the great Asian journal, detailing my life away from the United States.

Never in a million years did I think I would ever leave Wheaton Academy, but there is a reason why I am not sovereign.

People have been asking me how it’s been. Well, to put it bluntly, it’s been…tough. Extremely tough. One of the great joys of teaching at WA is that we are allowed to invest our lives in our students. The toughest part of leaving is leaving the students and the other laborers in Christ.

I’ve been doing alright, but as I was talking to a good friend of mine on Monday night, I said, “It’s as though I’ve been in denial for the past two months and now, it’s starting to dawn on me that I’m leaving.” I went the next day to the Senior (and teacher) goodbye chapel and I lost it. The flood of emotions that I had dammed up erupted and I couldn’t help (or stop) crying.

To my students—I will miss you terribly. Please know that. If I don’t cry in your class, it doesn’t mean that I’m not hurting.

Well, this is happening. Tomorrow, I renew my passport and sign a two-year contract.

God is good.

God is very good.

No comments: