Monday, June 25, 2007

Greetings from the Southern Baptist Educational Center, or SBEC, or “spbeck,” if you’re trying to say it under your breath. Considering I’m neither Baptist nor southern, I wonder how I can possibly learn something. But, I press on.

I flew in to Nashville on Saturday and spent time with a college roommate at his new home. I went off to Prague and he got married. Who knows what will happen now that I’m going to Korea? His wife was as gracious as gracious can be, and he was pretty good as well. Paul Allen and Christy, thank you for everything.

I also spent time at the church that I loved so much when I lived there. It’s been wonderful to watch from afar as this church moved from an auto garage with 20 members to a middle school and now, to a property and a building that holds its 500+ members.

Anyway, I drove to Memphis today and now I write from a balcony in Southaven, Mississippi. I’m really looking forward to the next 12 days. Lots of learning, lots of growth, and lots of fun.

Now on to something completely different.

I left Wheaton Academy for good on Friday, and yet, I leave a piece of my heart there. To the students, other teachers, and administrators, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thanks for letting me be your teacher, thanks for allowing me to work with such wonderful people, and thanks for letting me work for such wonderful people.

To the parents: Thanks for allowing me to teach your children. I hope that I built up your son or daughter and stirred up a passion for God.

Goodbye to all of you.

Well I’m off…I’m fixing to learn somethin’.

Maybe I’m a southerner after all…

2 comments:

BriJUrfey said...

Ahhhhh!! ='(. I miss you soooo much. Thank YOU for being my teacher. You may not have impacted me much while you were my teacher but after that semester, you really did somehow. I miss you tons.

- Brianne

Anonymous said...

Paul Allen the co-founder of Microsoft!?!?